Malthouse is a cosy place for craft beers and comfort food such as pizza and burgers. They serve up to 20 draft beer and many imported beer cans. The staff is very friendly and will recommend you based on your preference. The pizza ingredients especially the ham were fresh and flavourful. Poutine fries gravy could have been a little more flavourful but the fries were thick and fully enough to carry the gravy. Korean chicken packs a good punch of sweetness and spices to it.
Things I like
- Selection of beers
- Fresh ingredients
- Friendly staff
- Cosy and laid-back vibe.
- Crispy sweet and tender Korean wings.
- Poutine fries gravy could use more seasoning.
Malthouse Food & Price
Malthouse’s poutine fries ($14) have a thick beef gravy with thick-cut fries. The gravy does taste good but it could you a little more seasoning to enhance the flavours. The thick-cut fries were a little too thick for me as I generally prefer thin-cut fries. That way I can taste the gravy more than the potato.
We were at Malthouse on a Wednesday night so it was wings night. This means all wing was $1 each with a minimum order of a pizza or beer.
The Korean wings were recommended to us and they did not disappoint. The wings were piping hot, sweet and with a hint of spice to them.
I love prosciutto pizza so I can’t help to order their Prosciutto E Rucola ($24). Ham had the right thickness and has a good amount of saltiness to it. The fillings were fresh and generous. However, the crust could use a little more fire time.
Malthouse has a huge variety of beers so it can be overwhelming for casual drinkers but fret not as their staff will guide you through. Their beer ranges from $10 to $19 per glass.
The staff here was friendly and attentive. Coming into Malthouse with a friendly greeting and the cosiness of the shop got us into a relaxed and happy mood.
The food was served in 10 minutes or so. Which felt very fast as we were enjoying our time there.
Plan your visit here as they have promotions for everyday
- Monday – Burger night – Get a cheeseburger for $10 with any beer or wine
- Tuesday – Pizza night – Buy a beer and get one of our classic pizzas for just $10
- Wednesday – Wings night – Buy any Beer or pizza and get any of our wings for $1 per piece!*
- Thursday – Steak night – Buy a steak and get a free house wine or a half-pint of select beer!*
- Sunday – Sunday Roast – from 12 noon until sold out
- Everyday – Happy hour until 8 pm
- *Terms and conditions apply
Check more details on their promotion and menu at their website.
Address: 685 E Coast Rd, Singapore 459054
Monday to Thursday: 4:00pm to 11:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm to 12:00am
Saturday: 12:00pm to 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm to 10:30pm
Tel: 6737 9313